Thursday, June 5, 2014

Summer Time Tiki Bar

For your next summertime get together it's almost crucial to have the perfect bar set up. Let's serve the best cocktails and the best garnishes.  A tiki bar set up is great for any party or get together.
This portable tiki bar, the porto-bar, was designed and hand crafted by my father.  It's light, compact and portable which allows for an easy set up in any location.  It is set up with all the amenities including bottle openers, shelves and a paper towel holder.  But more on this great creation later.
Every summertime bar needs the perfect selection of liquors, liqueurs, and bitters.  My bar always has gin, rum, Campari, sweet vermouth and bitters.
For this specific get together I chose my cocktails from the book "To Have and Have Another" by Philip Greene.  A compilation of all of Hemingways favorite cocktails.  They are all light, fruity and strong.  
Choosing the perfect glass for your cocktails is also important.  I've been using vintage depression glasses for my cocktails.  I love the rich colors and unique shapes.  This attention to detail will bring your cocktail to the next level.
Remember to always have an ample supply of fresh lemons and limes.
Now have a good time and drink responsibly.

Be Inspired. Be Bold.

peace&love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment