Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Thoughts.. Above the Clouds

Above the clouds...

…is where I belong.  You are given this one portal to this whole different world, a different view, a different perspective.  I get my best ideas and am the most creative up here, above the clouds.  Tonight I watched he sunset from above the clouds.  I see rivers winding in the craziest patterns.  The sky goes from a bright glow that's hard to stare at and orange glow contrasted with the grayish blue that is the clouds and the ground blending together.  Slowly the orange gets darker and is enveloped by the darkness of clouds and land coming together.
It is now that the patterns and textures of the land are enriched.  Water masses are highlighted.  Clouds gain texture and value.  Soon lights will turn on and twinkle below. Masses of population will become apparent and traffic patterns emerge.


When the sun is out it seems purely about the light and the clouds but when that is removed it becomes more about the civilization below, that is consequently asleep.  But their mark on the world is still apparent.  Light is the all apparent up here, it dictates what we see.  Whether it is blinding us above the clouds or illuminating the patterns of population below.
My mind always wanders when I'm up here.  Maybe because it's the last place to completely disconnect, even though that is changing.  All I have is music and a free mind.  I've already worried and made my lists and now that that's out there's nothing else I can do or worth worrying about so my mind is free to wander.  And this is where I've wandered. Purely comes out  of what I am seeing and experiencing, up here, above the clouds
I always wounded if other people think these same things up here. Do they not wander to the same place while looking at the same clouds?  Every time I'm up here (I love to travel and fly) I start off at the same point of departure but every time I seem to drift to different places.

Its amazing what starring at slowly ephemeral nature can do for creativity and mind wandering. I find so much peace in starring off into space at the ocean or the mountains or my garden, waiting for something to happen, but also allowing my mind to disconnect and then the purest of thoughts and inspirations arising to the top.  Sometimes it only takes a couple minutes, other times I just stare in silence for hours.  It's good for the soul.  Be in the moment.  Trying to find enlightenment.  Buddhist thought arising again.

It seems after all this writing that I should be a writer but I'm so much more of an artist. The artist that I interned from once asked me if I ever wrote, like in a journal etc.  I haven't before but at that moment I started.  It's amazing the simple exercise of writing your thoughts and ideas does to free up your mind for more creativity and inspirations.  Get one idea out to make room for another.  I now find myself writing all the time, in journals above the clouds, frantically taking notes in classes.  The act of writing connects something in my brain and allows creativity to ignite.  Who knew that art could come out of words?  Most of my sketchbooks are written descriptions of what I want to create with small sketches.  I'm using both sides of the brain to create, engineer meets artist.
Clouds at night are like negatives of themselves against he lighter sky. The sky is still slightly illuminated from the setting sun, a light blue towards the horizon, and the clouds are a gap dark navy grey.

Be Inspired. Be Bold.

peace&love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment