Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Throwback to Macrame

For my next fiber exploration I looked to the past for unique weaving techniques.  Macrame is something I have always found simple and beautiful.  After doing my Pinterest research and looking up different macrame designs I was ready to do some experimentation of my own.  After making a few knots I realized this is the same technique that I used to make my bracelets down at the beach.  It all made sense now.  Now I was ready to to go for it.  
I measured out all my yarns.  I used twisted cotton twine from Lowes.  It took some figuring out measuring and untangling but once it was cut and tied up I was ready to go.  
I stared with some simple knots a the top.  I wanted to keep it a simple design so not to get too confused throughout the whole process.  I had nailed it up to the wall in my hallway to make it easier to tie up.
To finish it off I set it against a burlap fabric.  It gave a nice neutral contrast and added to the whole 70s vibe.
The final product was for a portable tiki bar that my dad had just finished making.  It needed a cover for the front and this finished it off nicely.  This was the first collaboration between me and my dad and the project was a huge success.

Be Bold in your Designs.

peace&love
Rebecca



No comments:

Post a Comment