Friday, November 15, 2013

The Card of the Weaving

Card weaving is a simple and fun form of weaving that allows you to weave anytime, anywhere.  It's an early form of weaving that has been practiced for hundreds of years.  I love it for the fact that since I don't have a loom, yet, I can get my weaving fix when I'm not in class.
First I planned out my pattern.  There are four rows, A, B, C, and D and the columns relate to how many cards you use.  I then counted, measured and cut the yarns.
Here are the cards and the shuttle, each yarn need to go through each hole.
Reading the pattern I know which color yarn goes in which hole.  Repeat until all cards and yarns are used.  
Too many yarns.. I like to use a comb to untangle all the yarns.

Stay tuned for the next step.. weaving.

Be Bold in your Designs.

peace&love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment