Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Rug.. Pre Dye Preparations

Organization and preparation is key in weaving.  It took a lot of planning ahead of time so that when I start dyeing, everything will go smoothly.  Here is how I prepare myself for the dyeing process.
Measure and tie off all the yarns.
Stretch out all the yarns.
Each bundle represents an inch (15 epi).  This will be a warp faced rug.
Now I can tie off the pattern to prepare myself for dyeing.  I have color coded the sections so I know which dye goes where.  I will be making a chevron pattern that will be done in an ikat manner. (Ikat will be further discussed later on in the weaving process.)
I numbered each grouping of yarns so after dyeing I can put them back in the appropriate order and it will be all ready for the loom.
Now I'm ready for dyeing!

peace&love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment