Friday, December 20, 2013

ZerbyPaint.. Ivy Lounge part one

This is a first for Zerby Painting Co, a commercial project!  Designer Erica Riggio from Riggio Design introduced this great project to me, designing a mural pattern for Ivy lounge. She wanted a ivy pattern on the exterior of the building that was bold and fresh to go with the interior of the freshly renovated interior of the salon.  She picked colors that incorporated colors from the interior and I went from there.
This has really been my dream, to paint my leaf patterns that I have done so many times before as paintings and murals in my own home.  I was so pleased that I could use my own pattern, and that it would fit perfectly to the concept of the salon.
This is the progress after day one.  I got the pattern down on the wall below the windows.  After seeing how this looks I definitely want to continue onto the step.  It will make a bold statement and hopefully attract attention to the salon.
I have always wanted my artwork to be set on public display and what better way than a mural for all to see and enjoy!
I can't wait to get working on it again.  There's so much wall space to cover, I'm so impatient to finish it!
stay tuned..

Be Bold in your Design.

peace&love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment