Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Savannah Apartment.. part two

As I settle into my apartment I am getting into the more detailed design aspects.  The fun part of adding the life and excitement into the space.  The more time I spend in the space I start to see it in a different light and from a different perspective.  I will get a spark of inspiration and instantly know the right artwork for that wall or that that plant needs to be moved over two inches.  It is a slow process but everything is starting to settle in.
In the living room I added two identical rock prints slightly askew from the loveseat.  In this room there are a lot of windows and doors so it was hard to place elements symmetrically.  I usually am drawn to symmetrical and balanced interiors.  In this space I had to embrace the asymmetrical.
The plants above the mantle needed some sunlight so I moved them to the table by the window.  This gave me an opportunity to switch up the mantle display. The mantle is a great space to keep on rotation.
This mantle is a definite focal point of the living room with the rod iron cover plate contrasted with the white subway tiles.  I have continued this contrasting pop of black throughout the apartment.
With the plants off the mantle it gave me the perfect place to display some of my black and white prints, my whale and bubble print.
In the other corner of the living room is my business center, book shelf and bar. The chair that I had transformed earlier this summer fits perfectly nestled in the corner.
The shelving is constructed out of the crates that I had stained and refinished. It creates are the perfect storage and display area for some of my colorful nick nacks and artwork.  Just having some fun with pops of color and shapes. 
The view from my loveseat looking into my bedroom.  I've kept it very neutral with shades of white contrasted with dark wood tones and pops of black.
My big comfy bed sits perfectly in this high ceiling room. 
This palm print fits perfectly in this room. I love surrounding myself with palms.
In the corner I created this little space with a sling back chair, mirror and a black and white bubble print.   This space is truly transforming into my dream space.  I will no doubt continue to shuffle things up as I continue to live in it to keep things interesting and alive.

Be Inspired. Be Bold.

peace&love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment