Wednesday, November 19, 2014

hey becca

Introducing the hey becca collection.  This collection is comprised of various woven, hand woven and sewn textile samples.  With the palm as my inspiration, all of these patterns and textures somehow reflect this beautiful plant.
To complete the collection I included not only textural woven samples but also palm prints.
 I also experimented with some reclaimed materials for the recycled section of the collection.
 All of my natural dyes to show different color ways that are available.

 The woven interiors part of the collection where walls are woven to create softer wall treatment applications.
This first quarter at SCAD has been amazing.  I have learned so much and my ideas and goals have grown.  I still have a long way to go, this is just the surface of the patterns and textures that will be created.  I look forward to my next quarter where I will continue to create palm inspired patterns and start to incorporate them into the interior and furniture design.

Be Inspired. Be Bold.

peace&love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment