Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Perfect Holiday Party

This time of year brings together all of my loves, decorating, baking, cooking and entertaining.  This was the year of the Black Christmas and the theme carried into our annual holiday party.  With the tree twinkling in the corner there wasn't much left to do but to string up some lights and garlands and add little pops of life with poinsettias all around.  I have managed to keep some of my poinsettias alive from years past and now they are a bright shade of green, mixed with some new additions of bright white poinsettias add life throughout the house.

As for any party, the menu is very important.  I have stashed away some sure fire recipes but I also did a lot of research and brainstorming on Pinterest to find some new and exciting recipes.  I kept the menu mainly finger foods to make it easier to stand and mingle.  I love tartlets and crostinis but I also added some more substantial meat entrees.  The menu went as follows..

Porcini and Rosemary Crusted Beef Tenderloin with a Port Wine Sauce
Swedish Meatballs (from Ikea, always a favorite)
Kale Salad with olive oil and salt
Mushroom Tartlets with Garlic Herb Cheese
Red WIne Caramelized Onions & Goat Cheese Tartlets
Grilled Caprese Kebabs  (added tortellini)
Baked Brie with Balsamic Rosemary Cranberry Sauce
Goat Cheese Toasts with Walnuts, Honey and Thyme
Smoked Salmon on Mustard-Chive and Dill Butter Toast

The next important element for a perfect party is a signature cocktail.  This year I went with a Pomegranate and Rosemary White Sangria to keep things light, fruity and festive.  I made this the night before so that it had at least 24 hours for the flavors to blend and meld together.  I don't like really sweet sangrias and this one was light while being boozy from the cointreau and savory from the rosemary.  There was also a variety of white and red wines and beers cooling on the porch.

Lighting is important for setting the right mood.  I kept the ambient lighting low and strung lights around the interior to add a twinkle and sparkle.

We brought up the porto-bar which was perfect for our cocktail and wine station.





I hope your next party is successful and full of cheer.  Happy Holidays! 

Spread Holiday Cheer

peace&love
Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment