Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Weaving is Fun. Day Two

Welcome to Weaving.. Day two

Todays task was to thread the yarns through the heddles in the harness.  It takes time and patience but the tedious part is almost over.  
There are four harness frames and the order in which you thread the yarn in the heddles will create part of your pattern.  We went one, two, three, four, repeat.

After all the yarns have been threaded, attach all the yarns to the warp stick that then gets wound onto the warp beam.  This takes two people to make sure there is the right tension when getting wound.


After attaching the threads to the breast beam...
Next step weaving!  

The farther I get into the process of weaving the more I enjoy and love it!  
It's been a long time coming but I think I've dicsovered my true passion.  
I'm so excited to see what I can create once I start weaving.  
All the wonderful patterns and colors, the sky is the limit.
Be Bold

peace&love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment