Wednesday, January 22, 2014

BlackPaint.. Be Bold

I started off with an outdated wallpaper and a room in need of a makeover.  It took a snowy day and a bost of inspiration and voila, a room is transformed.  I decided this room needed something bold, classic and exciting. I love the idea of a dark color and I'm not afraid to use it.  Unlike what most people think, darker does not always make a room smaller.  Let's break the preconceptions of dark colors for rooms and be bold.  Don't be afraid of color.



Now I could leave the room as is, this black color looks so sexy in an eggshell finish.  It looks soft like suede.  The room is filled with some beautiful rustic, hand crafted pine pieces and they really pop against this crisp black wall.  I'm hoping to create a classy rustic aura in the room.

But today I will continue with a simple birch tree pattern.  I may be crazy to put a big pattern on a bold color, but maybe thats just what it needs to make this ordinary room a wow room!

Be Bold in your Design.

peace&love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment