Monday, January 27, 2014

Music and Art Forever

It's amazing how music is the one art form that touches the widest range of people.  Music is the inspiration of all types of people and professions, even other artists.  There is such an emotional response to music, much more successful in that than any other art medium.  Music surrounds you, gets in your bones, makes you dance, makes you cry.

As an artist I wish my art could be experienced as emotionally as music is.  Art can provide emotional responses but not in the way that music surrounds and elevates.  Music is a great medium in that it is a part of everyones life and can inspire all types of people and artists.

The feeling I get and most people get from listening to a great song, I also get from the perfect brushstroke that completes a painting.  When everything comes together and I just have to stand back and take it all in.  When a room gets transformed, the final coat of that perfect color, I've had moments where my breath gets taken away.  It just makes me really happy!  All my time and effort is shown almost immediately and it means even more to me that someone gets to live in it and enjoy it every day.  They may not feel the same connections to those walls as I do, but I know it will somehow influence them and hopefully inspire them in small ways.

Art isn't as loud as music, but art and interiors can elicit emotional responses.  Take time to experience it and take it in.

Be Bold in your Design.  Get Inspired.

peace&love
Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment