Sunday, January 26, 2014

To the Forest.. part one

This is something I've been dreaming of doing for a very long time.  The time was right and everything just fell into place.  Painting the birch trees at the Ivy Lounge started it off.  It cemented in my mind that it's a pretty awesome design.  For this room I wanted to switch it up and add a little more detail.  I wanted it to be more of a dark forest.  I started off with the black walls.  I really loved the room just black, but sometimes you just need to go past your intuition to stop at your comfort level.  I started painting the trees in the corner and the colors weren't quite right.  I went to the basement and starting pulling colors previously used to try and find the right combination of hues that would work perfectly.  I finally settled on two shades of colors which really gave the forest some depth.  Sometimes you need to sleep on it and when I woke up I envisioned the wall complete and it was perfect.  So I continued on and this is what it turned into!




I am still making my way around the rest of the room but I just couldn't wait to share this with you!  I have seen a bunch of wallpapers with birch tree patterns and I thought, I can paint, easy.  It's a fun, simple design that completely changes the whole aura of the room.  This room has gone through a lot of changes in the past week, from an outdated wallpaper to a sexy black to an ominous forest.  Don't be afraid of a bold pattern, you never know how it might look.

Be Bold in your Designs.

peace&love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment