Thursday, March 20, 2014

tale of a turquoise bathroom

Turquoise is one of my favorite colors, next to my number one favorite color Red.  For me, it is the perfect bathroom color.  There is always lots of natural sunshine streaming in through the sunlight making it a cheery place to be.  The turquoise also makes my eyes sparkle so that doesn't hurt.  I have been collecting objects and little treasures for the past couple years from my travels and ended up with a mix of metals, wood, and artwork.  Turquoise lays the perfect complement for these colors and materials.  The mix of metals, woods and stone adds variety and interest to the space.  I have also included some of my own artwork which adds more personal value to the space.  Let this inspire you to search for your own little treasures at home or on adventures and mix them into one cohesive space.

A vintage gold pineapple candelabra from my adventures in Boston sitting above a Holga picture I took of a palm tree down in Charleston.  Gold pineapples are becoming one of my favorite accent pieces, its just fun!
A silver outlet plate handcrafted from Arizona.  Its rustic and delicate and adds a nice touch to the room.
A stack of design magazines, kept the issue with the turquoise lettering on top.
A whale print from Etsy and a pop of green and life with a potted plant.  The whale is one of my favorite mammals so what better place than to display it in a bathroom.
Switched out some of bath pulls with these cut stone pulls from Anthropologie.  I always find unique finds in Anthropologie in their discount bin, the doorknob is also found there.
One of my litho whale prints.
A boot from Texas hangs above a Van Gogh print that rests against the wall.

Who wants to be neutral when you can be bold.  If you are surrounded by your favorite color you will always love your room!  Don't shy away from color.

Be Inspired. Be Bold.

peace&love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment