Monday, March 17, 2014

Vintage Treasures.. Boston

This past weekend, I explored around Boston and was surprised to find some great vintage pieces!  Our first stop was the Davis Flea Market in Somerville.  To start, the architecture of the building was awesome and what we found inside was a mixture of vintage and hand crafted.  I found myself attracted to the art deco style pieces.  The colors of the day were gold, black and emerald.
This black depression glass set caught my eye.  I love the idea of black glasses, a classic touch to any table.  This shape of glass with the long stem and little cup at the top was popping up everywhere.  A fresh new shape of a wine glass.
The same shape of wine glass but this time in silver, almost a mini goblet.  The 50's style and art deco are making a comeback.  The tray is awesome with the black inlayed with gold stripes.  Classic and classy.
This art deco glass bowl is one of my favorite finds.  The pattern is so crisp and clean.  I can't wait to fill it with lemons.

I'm a sucker for gold pineapples so I couldn't pass up this find.  I enjoy sprinkling fun funky items throughout the house.  It's a fun treasure hunt for the eye.
I have been looking for silver rimmed glasses forever.  I had seen a few style of glasses but they weren't quite right.  I found these at the last place we went to.  These glasses are totally Mad Men.
Spotten through a window of another antique store a great table and lamp bases that are the essence of art deco.
Finally a touch of emerald.  This necklace is made form reclaimed vintage jewelry pieces into contemporary style necklaces and earrings.  I am in love with this statement piece necklace that is perfect for St Patty's Day!
I had a successful day exploring through Boston finding unique vintage pieces.  With a boost of inspiration I can't wait for my next project.  I hope these items inspire you to revamp your style for spring!  Now lets wait for the snow to melt and plan some springtime cocktail parties!

Be Inspired. Be Bold.

peace&love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment