Friday, June 28, 2013

The Blank canvas

The blank canvas, it took some work to get here.  Removing wallpaper, all the remnants of the wallpaper glue, spackling and sanding, all the unfun tedious prep work but its all worth it.  Now I have my blank canvas that depending on the colors I choose, will drastically change the mood and function of the room.  It's amazing what a color can do.

Here are the steps to a perfectly painted room!


Remove the Wallpaper
Prime the Wall
Paint the Trim
Edge out everything!
Fill it in!
Voila!!
I love the feeling of painting over a dirty wall with a fresh coat of paint.  When I roll over all the scuff marks of an old unpainted wall, that is the reason why I love what I do. ( Maybe it's a little OCD kicking in, I want everything to be clean and tidy.)  The final product is always worth all the work and steps.  This is the reason I love painting.  

If you have a room that needs painting, or if you are interested in a custom HandPainted Wall Treatment, please contact me at rebeccazerby@gmail.com.  Also check out some of my HandPainted Wall Treatments on the newly redesigned rebeccazerby.com.


be Bold and try something new!

peace & love
Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment