Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wallpaper Wednesday.. The Abstract

I've been dying to expand into something more abstract, less conventional.  It's something about walls that people are most afraid to try something bold and exciting.  When in reality, in my opinion, walls are the easiest element of the room to change that can make the greatest impact.  So step out of your comfort zone and try something crazy, you can always paint over it.

Below are inspirations I have found on Pinterest (these are not my creations).  Actually most of these are wallpapers but I am confident that I can create the same effect with paint!  I look at walls as a blank canvas to apply layers of paint, creating a unique masterpiece.



I love the abstractness of this turquoise wall, it's a unique spin on an ombre wall.  


This is such a great idea for a dining room.  It has an elegant boldness while keeping traditional elements.  The right color choice is always important to tone down a bold pattern.  Tiffany's blue and gold is always classy.


These line drawings are the closest to what I am currently doing.  It's subtle but striking.  It would be so fun to go onto a while wall with a permanent marker and just start drawing!




This is my all-time favorite wallpaper.  I would just love to be surrounded by giant banana leaves.  This wallpaper is pretty versatile and would work in many rooms.


This wall is something I want to leave you with.  I love nature and this is such a great idea!  It's a new and abstract way of thinking of what we can put on walls, but as crazy as it is there is a classyness to it.  This shade of green is very in right now!




Be sure to check out my new and improved website  rebeccazerby.com and check out all of my other abstract and not so abstract inspirations on my Pinterest page pinterest.com/rebeccazerby93/.  If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact me at rebeccazerby@gmail.com or leave a comment below!

peace & love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment