Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Fabrics- New Arrivals

My first shipment of textiles arrived last week!  I'm so excited to have finally found a site that will print my designs onto a variety of fabrics, wallcoverings and papers.  It has been a dream of mine to have and use textiles with my own images printed on.  I have played around with screenprinting patterns on fabrics but its a much different look and feel than a digitally printed fabric.  I will still incorporate a silkscreen element to some of my textiles, but for now here are some of my new textiles!  

My textiles are based on abstracted plant forms.  I've taken pictures of plants, changed up the colors, then arranged the images.  Repeating, flipping and mirroring the image to create an abstracted ink blot effect.

The BlackPalm Collection is inspired from a Holga print I took down in Charleston of a palm tree.  I played around with different color ways, orientation and repeats of the image.


Below are the different colors I was playing around with.  The bright color are fun for summer but they can also be done in more neutral colors.


PinkBlue Palm

YellowGreen Palm

YellowTurq Fern

GreyBlue Palm
Being the start of summer I was drawn to the bright bold colors, which I think would be fun to brighten up a room.  Its fun to take a risk with such a bold color and pattern when its a temporary element, like a pillow or tablecloth.  I hope you enjoyed my new creations!


As always check out my inspirations on my Pinterest page pinterest.com/rebeccazerby93/ and my complete works at rebeccazerby.com

If you are interested in any of these patterns please contact me at rebeccazerby@gmail.com or leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!

peace & love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment