Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wallpaper Wednesday!


Welcome to Wallpaper Wednesday!  Every Wednesday I will share with you something new from my wallpaper and hand painted wall treatment collections. 

First I want to introduce you to what I specialize in, hand painted wall treatments.  It’s my idea of a mural but its painted in the bold (or soft) patterns of wallpaper.  I specialize in organic floral patterns that are painted boldly.  The simplicity of the line or solid shape of the leaf lends itself to a perfect pattern.  Something as simple as changing the color or size can change the aura of the design.


the Cornus wall

The murals below are inspired from paintings I have done, that I've always wanted to paint on a large scale.  The leaves overlap creating new shapes that I then fill in with a different color.  There is no method to my madness but the final product os always a balanced composition of shapes and colors.  It is a very bold image but the neutral colors tone it down and it is a really peaceful mural.







At the University of Delaware, I majored in Fine Arts and minored in Landscape Horticulture.  I found it a great source of inspiration and I truly enjoyed learning all the different plant life.  All the leaves in my paintings are accurate depictions of leaves from trees indigenous to the Eastern United States.  It is the simplicity of the a leaf that I found so beautiful.  There is a great range of size and shape, and a leaf can be graceful, rigid, or geometric. 

I hope you enjoyed these designs, there are more to come!  If you are interested in an original hand painted wall treatment, please contact me at rebeccazerby@gmail.com.  As always you can see all of my inspirations on my Pinterest page pinterest.com/rebeccazerby93/and all my other projects at rebeccazerby.com       

peace & love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment