Friday, May 24, 2013

Passion and Plants

Do you ever get excited by a color, or a freshly painted wall.  I have a true passion for what I do.  It's crazy to think that something so simple as painting a wall and transforming a room can be truly exciting.  I just want to share this passion with as many people. To truly be happy doing what you love is a rarity. 

It always comes back to the painting.  There is something therapeutic about combining shapes and colors into one large abstract painting.  Its one large puzzle that only I know the answer to.  Below is the Leaves Collection, all inspired by the leaves of native trees.  


Salix Alba, 20"x16"
Cornus in Winterwhite, 36"x36"
Leaves in Blue, 30"x24"
Jamaica- Philodendron laucrea, 30"x30"
The Cornus Family, 4'x2',
Transforming such a simple form into shape and color, playing with size and proportion gives each painting its own aura.  As you can see I started with the same idea but by changing the color or size, each painting grew into something unique.  

I will leave you with a great quote by Edgar Degas, "Art is not what you see, it's what you make other people see."

As always check out my inspirations on my Pinterest page pinterest.com/rebeccazerby93/  and my complete works at rebeccazerby.com 

Please feel free to contact me at rebeccazerby@gmail.com if you are interested in anything you have seen!  Or leave a comment, I would love to hear what you think!

peace & love
Rebecca




No comments:

Post a Comment