Friday, May 31, 2013

Up in the Mountains

Summer is finally here!  Down here in Maryland it can get pretty hot and humid, which personally I don't really mind.  But during the summer months it's fun to travel around and experience other parts of the country.  Last summer, me and my family took a trip to Northern California.  I came back from that trip with some good Holga prints and a mind full of inspiration.  



Northern California is the land of redwoods.  These massive trees are so beautiful and grand, there is nothing like this on the east coast.  So much history can be seen just in the nature.


Theres nothing like being on top of a mountain looking out as far as the eye can see.  Everything below is so tiny.  When back on the bottom we were now the ones that felt tiny compared to all the trees.


Of course we had to stop in wine country.  It was so beautiful driving through the valleys and seeing row and rows of grape vines pass by.  I never realized how many vineyards there would be, and all of them delicious!




We took a biking wine tour, biking to 5 vineyards in a 2 mile radius.  That was a lot of fun and it was interesting to see the vines up close.  Many of the plants have been passed down from generation to generation, continuing the business and tradition. 



Traveling is where I get a big part of my inspiration.  To experience a different climate and culture helps you learn about yourself and yourself as a part of the whole.  I'm most drawn to the small plant life but to see that small plant in the greater landscape is amazing.  The intricacies of nature is a play of micro and macro and how they all work together.

I hope this summer you find yourself somewhere new and inspiring.


peace & love
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment